Monday 9 July 2012

Tequila prawns, mushrooms, and corn!

I don't have much time to write so this will be quick..... We bought some frozen prawns a few days ago since they were on sale so I decided to experiment with them. We had discussed using tequila to marinade something so I figured prawns were as good as anything to try it with. I found a recipe for tequila-lime BBQ prawns. I blended some tequila, olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin, an onion slice and garlic together. I poured it over the shrimp and left it in the fridge for 6 hours.

Matt requested mushroom caps... so easy and so yummy! I diced some orange pepper, onion, mushroom stems and through them into a pan with cooked diced bacon. When the veggies were soft, I mixed them with shredded cheddar and goat cheese. After the caps had cooked for 10 minutes in the oven, I filled them and cooked them for an additional 5 minutes. These were a nice little appie while corn was cooking on the BBQ


Once the corn was done, we threw the shrimp on. It only took a few minutes for them to cook.


Thanks to our landlord for the BBQ!! :P


The prawns smelt soooooo strong, I was convinced they would taste disgusting!


Perfect corn!


The prawns ended up delicious! Matt loved them. They definitely had some zip though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment