Thursday 28 June 2012

Sale Salmon!

It’s probably clear by now that I LOVE a good deal. Like seriously, LOVE LOVE LOVE a deal :) After Matt got off work we went to pick up a few things for his parents visit this weekend. I got bored looking at pork roasts so I wandered down to the fish section. And there is was... Salmon for basically free. Now I love salmon almost as much as a good deal (for example: my bestie Kate threw me a bridal shower and there was salmon in everything! SOOOOOOO delicious!!! Yumm!). Anyway... so the best before that was tomorrow so we decided to make salmon something for dinner. After the discount, we got about 0.5kg for only $1.09! I love Overwaitea <3

Once home, we decided on a baked salmon alfredo pasta. Matt was starving so I tried to cook as fast as possible while he cleaned the house a bit (I’ll take cooking over washing the floors any day!). I found recipe for salmon and winged it a little... I threw the salmon in a baking dish, then added 1 ½ tbsp white vinegar, 1 ½ tbsp orange juice (I didn’t have any lemon juice), 1 tsp basil, and 1 tsp parsley. After giving it a little mix, I hucked it in the oven for 15ish minutes at 425°. I think I might try this with canned salmon and see if it works...

 Going into the oven...

... coming out of the oven.

We didn’t have any canned alfredo sauce so I had to make it from scratch. Since we didn’t have any parmesan cheese ether I just used equal parts cheddar and mozza. It’s super easy to make... just melt a little butter in a pot, add 1 cup of flour, then 3 cups of milk. After its completely smooth throw in the cheese, some S&P and minced garlic.

Everything kind of happened all at once... which NEVER happens haha :P The pasta was ready at the exact time the sauce was finished and so I just mixed everything together and poured it into our FABULOUS kitchenaid cast iron pot <3 Then it went into the oven to heat up for 15 minutes.

I wish this blog could be a scratch and sniff because it smelt AMAZING!

Done enough..

Matt didn't want to wait so I pulled it out a little early but it was delicious anyway! I am soooo in love with the salmon.... the sauce and pasta are ok too :P



No comments:

Post a Comment