Tuesday 10 July 2012

Lime Snapper and Broccoli Salad

Yesterday I picked up some red snapper fillets on sale (the best before date was today so they only cost $3!). I decided to make a easy marinade with the magic bullet... just some olive oil, lime juice (I was out of lemons), pepper and 2 garlic cloves. I poured it in two tin foil bowls, put the fillets over top, and then poured the remainder over the fish. I closed the little packets and left them in the fridge for a few hours.


I had a few heads of broccoli in the fridge so I decided to try and make Julie's Broccoli Salad (it's insanely delicious... the only way I'll eat raw broccoli haha). I cut up the broccoli into small pieces, including the peeled stem. I added some cranberries, strawberries, diced red onion, shredded cheddar cheese and sliced almonds. I whipped up some dressing using mayo, white vinegar, sugar, and a pinch of dried mustard, paprika, and pepper. I threw on the dressing and gave it a good mix.


The snapper took about 20 minutes on the BBQ to cook. It all turned out great! Matt ate three huge helpings of salad so it must have been ok :) I'm definitely making this fish again.


No comments:

Post a Comment