Friday 20 July 2012

Seafood Pasta and Green Beans


I have been OBSESSED with the deals at save on lately. I guess in a small town fish and meat  don’t sell as fast as they do back in Abby. Yesterday I bought 3 red snapper fillets for $1.50!! I decided to make a seafood pasta sauce with them and some prawns I had in the freezer. Green beans were on sale as well so I grabbed a big bag of those. (On a side note... we had a rotisserie ham on the bbq and some sesame green beans last night... yum!). I saw some fresh thick sliced bacon on for $3 this morning and decided to make green beans with bacon and onions tonight. I got a call to come into work early so I prepped everything so Matt can make dinner when he gets home. I decided to make some of dinner early so I could bring it to work J

 My multitasking skills were put to the test since everything was going to take about the same time to cook. I chopped up the snapper and took the shells off the prawns. I had half a grapefruit in the fridge and squeezed as much juice out of it as I could :P I threw in some olive oil and garlic for good measure. The fish were left to marinate in the grapefruit juice for a few hours. 
  

For the beans... I first cooked the bacon, set it aside, and then cooked the onions with some garlic. I added the beans and a touch of water, stirring occasionally until cooked. 



For the seafood sauce...  I pan fried the seafood while making a lemon dill sauce I had bought the seasoning pack for. While the pasta boiled away I stirred and mixed like a mad woman. Everything turn out great! So excited for my yummy dinner at work tonight :P




No comments:

Post a Comment