Monday 9 January 2012

Baked Tortellini

Now that school has begun, it's time to start making lunches again! I was out in Vancouver for the weekend and decided to experiment with the giant bag of tortellini in my fiance Matt's freezer. I went to the store with my partner in crime Kelsey and picked up the ingredients. As the pasta was cooking away, I sliced and fried some italian sausages until they were brown and delicious. Diced onions where then added to the pan and cooked to tender. After that I mixed the drained tortellini, sausages and onions in a large bowl with a vodka pasta sauce and shredded monterey jack cheese. I poured the mixture into several baking dishes (we definitely need to buy a larger one) and then topped with more cheese! They then went into the oven until hot and toasty on top.

Matt was a HUGE fan of this one! Nice and spicy, great flavour. I will definitely make this again :) Here's a last minute picture I snapped before we dived into it...



No comments:

Post a Comment